Utilities: Operator I
|Title:||Utilities: Operator I|
Grow your career in one of the best places on earth. Big White Ski Resort is a vibrant, growing mountain resort located 45 minutes from Kelowna, BC. With winter activities such as skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling and summer activities such as mountain biking, hiking, and backcountry recreation Big White is a four season playground, and with Kelowna nearby you can also enjoy the lakes, wineries and more. There is something here for everyone.
Under direct supervision of the Operations Manager this position performs routine tasks in the installation, repair, service and maintenance of water and wastewater system components to ensure optimum performance of the infrastructure and operations of the water supply, treatment and distribution systems and wastewater treatment and collection systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs basic water sampling and analysis and records results in accordance with established procedures.
- Provides support in major repair or maintenance work.
- Monitors chlorine use and changes chlorine tanks in accordance with established procedures.
- Operates the SCADA system terminal, identifies irregularities and takes corrective action.
- Performs routine physically demanding construction and maintenance work
- Operates and maintains routine equipment and vehicles
- Reads and understands routine design drawings and/or sketches
- Cleans, conducts basic repairs and maintains equipment as directed.
- Minimum grade 12 education, plus related experience in utility construction or in a recognized utility environment.
- BC EOCP Level 1 Certification (water treatment or water distribution or wastewater treatment)
- 1 – 2 years related experience in a treatment or distribution facility
- Basic mechanical aptitude to perform the work, and must have experience using hand-tools, power-tools, and other equipment as would be used in a utility environment.
- Basic experience operating motor vehicles, construction equipment and snowmobiles
- Basic understanding and knowledge of the type of equipment used in a utility environment.
- Basic ability to read, understand and follow routine design drawings, sketches, plans, specifications, work instructions and procedures.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- Full benefits package
- RPP program, company matches up to 5% of salary
- Seasons pass for skiing
- Discounted passes for family and friends
- Discounts on soft goods, hard goods and meals
- Tool allowance
- Education and Training for Certification and CEU’s
Please send resume and cover letter in confidence to Growland@bigwhite.com